Decision Canada 2006

Monday, January 09, 2006

My final thoughts

Winner is a coin toss between Harper and Martin. With my Canadian Olympic Loonie, I choose Harper as heads and Martin as tails. According to my coin, Harper won the debate.

The first half of the debate was interesting with some actual debating, the second put me to sleep. In the first hour, we actually saw some issues come up, sure, we had way too many attacks on the scandals.

Harper was trying to make sure he didn't say anything stupid, I'll pull the interesting quotes out later, he has a few.

Layton gave us a good 4 infomercials and a lot of recycled footage and a few good points, but not too many.

Duceppe finally used the word "Canada" to describe the country but went to show us that voting for the bloc is a vote for a divided country.

Martin looked as scared as all, I wonder if it was the poll numbers, or if he was just sick of this debate?

Well, those are my final thoughts after watching the debate, I'll put the usual play by play up later, it's time consuming and I don't have enough time to do it right now.

From Vancouver, I'm signing off for now.

2 Comments:

  • I think Layton did a better job than you give him credit for. He answered the questions - rather than simply ignoring them like Harper. He explained why his own policies would work and how they would work (unlike Harper - just says empty promises with no plan), and he also pointed out Liberal corruption. Simply because he repeated "3rd choice" and "working families" a million times doesn't mean he did a bad job. Harper repeated "accountability to Ottawa" a million times and Martin is trying to act like the scandals don't mean anything unless he faces criminal charges. There was tons of repetition in the debate, not just Jack Layton.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

  • Ok, I'm going to make a new statement, this debate could have been done without the leaders and on a video board - nobody would notice any difference.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home