Decision Canada 2006

Friday, December 30, 2005

Harper's transit pass tax credit... a good start but lets do more

I like this, I love it.

Conservative leader Stephen Harper announced a 16% tax credit for people who use public transit passes to get around. I agree that this is a good way, raising the credit even more might help attract even more users to transit and get more cars off of the road.

While we're giving environmental tax credits, why not cut the GST on bicycles, why not offer a tax credit on hybrid cars. Public transit works for some trips but for others that I make often, it takes me 5 times the time (no pun intended) to take transit than it does to drive. When time = money, it's hard to justify using transit.

So, a great move to start Mr Harper, lets keep the environmental tax credits flowing faster than Alberta crude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home