Decision Canada 2006

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The "gag law"

In short, I agree that it is in violation of the Charter and should be abolished as soon as possible by parliament.

Non withstanding, it is presently law. As such, I won't be posting election "results" here. I will be posting a last second poll and the trends contained within.

At 10 EST, 7 PST I will be posting the full show including all of the results we have so far and I will start naming results.

I think this ban is disgusting and I the Supreme court should be ashamed of it's total misinterpretation of the Charter.

2 Comments:

  • I thought this law was more about being unable to spend more than $3,000 (?) in partisan "advertising" than in expressing your opinion gratis. Whatever it is, I'm totally with you, there should be no gag law.

    By Blogger talk talk talk, at 10:07 AM  

  • Well, I was dealing with section 329 - publishing of election results but I guess that really doesn't matter now.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home